These are the development plans for the TurboGears 1.5 release.
These are open to discussion and improvements. Please direct questions,
comments, and suggestions to the trunk mailing list.
- Ken Kuhlman
- Christoph Zwerschke
- Christopher Arndt
- who else?
The role of release manager is shared by Christoph Zwerschke and Chris Arndt.
- The SVN repository will be moved to SourceForge.
- The SVN trunk is not used by TG2 anymore. We will discuss with the TG2 team
to recycle it for TG 1.x and copy the 1.5 branch over to it.
- The last TG2 development status in Subversion would then be moved into a branch.
- The Trac server will be moved to a new machine and upgraded to Trac 0.11.5
- Some handy Trac plug-ins will be installed, among them:
- SVNPolicies or another Subversion hook framework
- Disussion about development for TG 1.5 should take place on turbogears-trunk
and not on the main turbogears mailing list.
- Discussion about developing with TG 1 or TG 2 should take place on the
main mailing list.
- We should evaluate in a few months whether we need separate mailing lists for
TG 1 and TG 2, but for the moment we will keep the main turbogears mailing
list for both.
- From now on (Nov 2009) new development takes place in the 1.5 branch,
i.e. changes must be committed there and back-ported to the 1.1 branch
- Changes will only be back-ported to the 1.0 branch if really necessary
(i.e. important bug or security fixes). For each change in the 1.0
branch a ticket must be opened and the validity of the change discussed
there and/or on the trunk mailing list.
- For work on new features or refactoring, which require extensive changes
to the code base, developers are encouraged to create private or
feature-specific branches and merge the complete changes back into the
main-line when work is ready for testing or completed.
- Wwe will enforce adherence to PEP-8 and documentation requirements more
- CherryPy 3.1 support (Ken Kuhlmann and Christoph Zwerschke, finished).
- CherryPy 3.2 support (Christoph Zwerschke, finished).
- Genshi support for TG widgets (#2407, Christoph Zwerschke, finished).
- (Start) Sphinx docs (#2521, Chris Arndt)
- Convert turbogears.util module into a a package and separate functionality
into sub-packages by related topics (#1861).
- Remove the turbogears.feed package (#1626, done).
- Deprecate the turbogears.scheduler package, replace by TGScheduler extension (done)
- Reorganize quickstart templates (#1640, Chris Arndt, started).
- Reorganize database options and API for accessing them (#1813).
- Implement lazy template engine loading (#2388, Chris Arndt)
- Convert the toolbox templates from Kid to Genshi (#2408, Christoph Zwerschke, finished)
- Refactor the turbogears.commands package.
- Refactor the turbogears.i18n package (#2369, #2040) or throw out that
unmaintainable mess and replace its functionality with Babel (#2042).
- Re-implement the test configuration loading and fix the way
turbogears.testutil uses it (#2042).
- TG 1.5.1 has been released November 2011.
- TG 1.5 and 1.1.3 have been released July 2011.
- TG 1.5 release planned for February 2011 (see 1.5 milestone).
- TG 1.5b2 has been released January 2011.
- TG 1.5b1 and 1.1.2 have been released December 2010.
- TG 1.1.2 release planned for late December 2010 (see 1.1.2 milestone).