ToscaWidgets has been around for a few years now, but we are still
not completely satisfied with all it does. ToscaWidgets 0.9.x branch
is coming to a close, and tw2 is now under development.
- Some interesting design changes that tw2 brings to the table are:
- Use request local storage (2x speedup!)
- Widget-based controllers (full widget functionalality encapsulation)
- Some more goals that we hope to achieve with tw2 are:
- Create a functioning Widget Browser that is tested, and easy to
add new widget libraries to. This is possible with widget-based
- More interesting built-in widgets, e.g. growable forms, choice
fields that show and hide options depending on selection. Some
of this work has already been done with tw2.dynforms.
- More hooks for doing custom validation, e.g. fields that become
compulsory depending on the value of another field.